When will I grow new hair?
After the hairs are transplanted it takes a week for the skin to settle as well as the surrounding cardiovascular system. Hairs will begin to grow during the first month and then drop out without leaving visible signs of hair transplant. It is normal for 100% of transplanted hairs to fall during the first month post procedure. The transplanted follicles go into rest for about 3 or 4 months until growth resumes. Then the hairs start growing normally. Hairs grow at a rate of 10% of the number of transplanted hairs per month from the third or fourth month post procedure. At 12 months the hair growth reaches 90% growth, while the remaining 10% will do so in the next six months. It may take up to a year and a half to obtain a mature hair growth at which point you can appreciate the final results.